Friday, February 25, 2011

Staying motivated

Yes, it's been a long winter. The temptation is to stay in hibernation, curl up on the couch with the pups and a good book; not to mention a box of chocolates. But, how will I be ready for spring, the outdoors, and fewer layers of clothing if I slack off??? I keep telling myself to get moving! Get up from my desk. Go play with Tango - five minutes of heeling exercises mixed in with a few downs will do both of us good! Maybe a few Crate Games. Even if I didn't have access to our great practice ring, I could do this at home. And this afternoon, a few minutes of weaving. And then maybe some "Stay" exercises. Playing and training with my dog for just a few minutes at a time is a great way to break up the day, get some practice in for him, and get me out of my chair! That way he'll be tired tonight when I'll be nodding off in my chair. And maybe Tango and I will be ready for competition one day.
-Fran

1 comment:

BRUTUS said...

Well said, indeed!!

Michelle