Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You can't get there from here

A frustrating morning! I'm getting ready for Dax's and my road trip to the French Bulldog Jamboree in Ontario. And, according to all of my up-to-the-minute, wonderful techno-toys - you can't get there from here. My two-year-old GPS is only good in the States, and can't be updated. And my astonishingly smart phone is pretty stupid, too. Apparently my carrier thinks that the world ends at the border.
I guess I'll just have to go the old-fashioned way. Point to point driving directions from one of my favorite websites. Isn't it amazing how quickly the world changes?
Back when I was in college (lo, these many decades!) I drove Chicago to Maryland with only a road map. No cell phone. No MapQuest. No TripTik (no AAA membership).
Now I feel "naked" without the GPS. I think this'll be good for me - getting lost can be part of the adventure!
Bookmark and Share



1 comment:

Carlene said...

Well, you know how they say "The lake is always East" in Chicgo, to help people find their way!? I guess in the U.S. and some lower portions of Canada, er, Canada is always North. Until you pass through the entire country. But I don't think you'll do that.