Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nerves

I'm making everyone around me a little crazy right now. I can barely concentrate on anything, I'm extraordinarily clumsy, can't settle, can't eat, can't sleep.
Okay, that's an exaggeration. I can always eat and I'm not sleeping because I'm staying up too late to watch the Olympics. But I am making everyone nuts.
It's all because Dax and I are entered in our first agility trial this coming weekend. I've never been athletic, never been competitive, never voluntarily opened myself up to be judged before I got involved in the world of dogs. I was that pitiful, clumsy fat kid (with glasses, of course) who was always last to be chosen in gym class.
So now, at the tender age of old, I'm getting involved in this nonsense. Why? Because I've been sitting on the sidelines watching for long enough. Wish us luck. This weekend Daxie and I are going to dance!




Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

OK, now you've given me chill bumps.

Good luck! Remember to have fun. All trials are just practice anyway :)

We'll be rooting for ya!

Tip from Mum? Take some of that inspirational music with you to listen to before and between runs...helps loads.

Woofs, Johann

Anonymous said...

I almost cried. I sent it to my daughter who has two daughters, one taking ballet lessons. Thank you for that.

As for the trial, you'll be surprised that when you enter the ring, everything disappears except your dog. Keep a smile on your face and you'll have a ball.

Best of luck,

Diana

Hope said...

Thank you for the good wishes!

Johann - Taking the music along was a great idea!

Diana - I hope your granddaughters choose to dance throughout their lives!
-Hope