Friday, July 18, 2008

Dealing with Pain

I haven't talked much about it, but for the last three months I've been dealing with some significant pain. It all started back in April when I fell over a step that I've known about for more years than I care to remember - getting used to new glasses. I didn't go to the doctor right away because I thought things would get better. Turns out I tore cartilage in my knee (maybe both, but one is definitely worse and got the MRI) and the fall triggered bursitis in both hips. Bursitis may have a funny name, but the pain involved is not. As a relatively active person who exercises regularly, practices yoga and (attempts to) run agility with my insane Ceilidh, not being able to get out of bed was no laughing matter. Sitting hurt, standing hurt, getting in or out of the car brought new adventures in pain and bending over was practically impossible.

I saw two orthopedic doctors - one's sending me to Physical Therapy for the knees, the other gave me cortisone shots in both hips. The hip pain is practically gone! Although, by the end of our Agility class last night I felt that I had overdone. I'm on the road to recovery! What a relief. Ceilidh will be so happy that I'll be able to run around with her!
Bookmark and Share


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ouch!

maybe you could toss in a little chiro? Might help as well.

Hope you are better soon!