Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New regimen for my fat dogs

It just goes to show - if you're not paying attention, the pounds just creep up on us! I got the bad news when I took Golly, Roc and Dax in to the vet for a routine visit. Golly, of course, is perfect. Roc and Dax are fat.
It makes perfect sense - Roc retired from training a few months ago. His activity level decreased and it never even occurred to me that his food should, too! And Dax has been having issues with her food for quite a while - she needed more protein. Which has calories. Which I didn't account for in the quantity I fed.
So we've started a new routine. Before my treadmill workout, the dogs get theirs. Roc took to it right away - he gets to watch tv while he works out. Dax had to be convinced it was fun, but she's getting the idea. We'll all be in shape before you know it!
Bookmark and Share


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always heard that it's hard to keep weight off of small dogs, but honestly I have a hard time with Targ because he's such a slug