Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Oh, how I hate to get up in the morning

I'm turning into a complete and total wuss. We've barely gotten a hint of winter and I'm already sick of being cold. The thermostat down at 65 degrees isn't helping - but we're such tree-hugging "do-be"s, that I can't justify turning it up to a nice, comfy 78.
It also doesn't help that Dax is an even bigger baby about the weather than I am. The dog I depend on to go for walks, play and be an active, energetic 3-year-old is found, more often than not, curled up under the afghan on the couch. Or plastered to the heating vents.
The only time I'm truly warm and comfy is snuggled in bed with my personal furnaces - Dax and Roc. I've never been a morning person. Mornings in winter should be outlawed.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I hate to admit it, but we're bigger wusses than you are. It's 67 degrees outside, 69 inside, I have on three shirts and three dogs are buried in the comforter with a fourth on top of it. I have herb tea brewing, a book waiting and I will soon join them. Is it spring yet? Why not?

Hope said...

I knew we were kindred spirits! I think it sounds like a perfect afternoon; dogs, books, a warm cuppa - what could be better?

Cynthia Blue said...

I don't like the cold very much either. My dogs still want to run amok though!

My husband and I are always fighting about the heat. 68 is perfect for me, 72 is for him. He usually wins and I sweat.