Friday, June 01, 2007

In Between the Downpours

Yesterday in the Chicago area we had "isolated showers and thunderstorms." Yup, isolated over Skokie. I got home just when it started to pour. And, of course the first thing we always do when we come home is take the dogs out. I tried to persuade Golly that she could wait for a few minutes until the dark cloud had gone by, but she was not to be persuaded. The others took a look outside and were perfectly content to wait a while. But, when a girl's got to go...

And Golly really didn't seem to mind the rain too much. I tried to at least carry her to a protected spot, but she wanted ... that area, over there. She did give me a dirty look, like the rain was my fault! I tried to explain that if it were up to me, all the rain would fall between 2 and 4 in the morning (sorry, all you folks working the "graveyard shift"), but Golly was still a little miffed.

And I discovered that what I thought was a rain jacket really isn't. I'll be shopping soon.

4 comments:

ally said...

AAAH you gotta love wet dogs, and love when they go out in the rain and then want to get into bed with you! :-)

Uncivil said...

If I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna build a huge carport with a natural area under it for those rainy day poop outs!

My two girls are so sweet to stop and let me dry them off when they come back in!

Kahshe Cottager said...

Murphy's Law: The wetter the dog, the greater the need to cuddle with Mom!

Fran said...

And just yesterday, I gave Dax a new nickname - Miss Muddypaws, because she just wanted to jump up on me and give kisses after it rained again! Gotta love her!