Friday, February 16, 2007

Back in the Deep Freeze

Man, it's cold out there! I know it's still winter, and it's supposed to be cold and snowy, but this is ridiculous. The "normal" temperature for this time of year is supposed to be the mid-30's (fahrenheit). According to the little weather.com desktop icon on my screen it's 17 degrees right now, 3:30 pm. I don't think it's going into the 20s like they said. Poor dogs. It's bad enough for us. I have three or four layers on (I lose count) and put on another layer plus boots, gloves and hat when I venture outside. I think we've mentioned before that the dogs don't like getting dressed. But it's too cold for them not to wear their coats, so we torture them by putting coats on and then throw them out into the cold!

And since the snow the other day there are limited open spaces in the back yard. (I'm sure you know for what purpose.) We did clear spots, and the wind drifted the snow away from other spots, but the dogs look at us accusingly when they can't go in their favored spots. (It goes without saying that the drifts were on the front walk, the back walk, in front of the garage door... Areas that had to be shoveled, of course.)

Only a few more weeks until Spring officially begins! And Spring Training is beginning! A sure sign that winter's almost over.

No comments: