Friday, October 13, 2006

In a Fog

Hope wrote a little bit about the last week at the store. Whew! You know, though, how, when you've had a rough stretch it extends to the rest of your life? Well, that's what happened last night at Agility class. Traffic was a mess as usual and it would have been really easy to just nod off on the highway. And "Sports Central" on the radio was no help, as much as I enjoyed the discussion about our terrific Chicago Bears. I snapped out of it, fortunately, and we made it into the city without incident, and not late, either!

But I could not remember a course if my life depended on it. Which, thank goodness, it didn't! It was, "where do we start?" or "which way do we go after the tunnel?" or "which way are we supposed to go now?" A good thing to remember, as our instructor says many times, is that it's not as important to follow the course as it is that your dog do what you tell it to when training. Even if it's not the printed course, be decisive and upbeat. No wishy washy handling! That will just lose your dog's attention (assuming you had it in the first place!).

A few times last night I made my own course, but my dog was with me!

No comments: